International students must complete AND submit the MACA International Student Application available on the MACA website, www.macamd.org, under the Admissions/International Student Program tab. A complete application must include the following either completed online or sent electronically:
- A completed online application (available here)
- A copy of an official TOEFL, iTEP SLATE, or alternate approved assessment score report from a certified test center. (Proficiency requirements listed under International Student Program Regulations) See page 5 in the International Program Guide for more info.
- Translated academic transcripts from any previously attended high school. International students in grade 9 will start a high school transcript from grade 9 at MACA, even if the student already completed 9th grade elsewhere. Grades and/or credits from any previously completed high school coursework will not be used. Students in grades 10, 11, and 12 will have all grades from high school coursework recorded on their MACA high school transcript. Actual class of enrollment will depend upon an evaluation of records compared to MACA graduation requirements.
- Email contact information for personal reference so a Reference Form link may be forwarded to a person who can provide an online character reference for the student
- Immunization records showing compliance with the immunizations required by the State of Maryland. Without these immunizations, the student will not be able to attend class until we have the documentation that the immunizations have been received. This will be at the family’s expense with a $50 administrative fee and a $50 per trip fee if a MACA employee is required to take the student to get the immunizations.
- Hand-written essay in English completed by the student which explains why the student desires to attend MACA
- Application fee (varies based on time of application – see Tuition/Fee Information)
Once admitted, international students must submit all required documents on the International Student Application Checklist. These documents will include copies of or completion of the following:
- Copy of face page of passport
- Copy of Certificate of Deposit (translated into English) which proves that the student’s family has adequate funds to cover tuition and living expenses while the student is attending MACA
- Copy of Student Visa (submitted first day on campus)
- Contact information (including email address and phone number) for their international family AND their host family – school year and summer contact info needed
- Copy of 901 receipt
- Completed Sponsor/Host Family Responsibility Form (sent by MACA to student provided contact if necessary)
- A $2000 deposit to hold the student’s class enrollment. The deposit is required before final admission is made and will be credited toward the student’s tuition costs.