Please utilize the links to the LEFT to learn what opportunities are available to our students in each of the domain focuses of our school.
Mount Airy Christian Academy exists for the purpose of maturing its students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially.
“…Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
MACA’s Fine Arts program includes an enrichment class for all elementary students (K-5), a curriculum-wide art program for middle school (6-8), and Studio Art, Drama, Band, and Worship Team opportunities for secondary students (6-12). MACA artists present their work at various venues in the area (both on and off-campus) as well as participate annually in the ACSI Fine Arts Festival at both the middle school and high school levels.
MACA Internship Program
The MACA Internship Program is a 35-hour, week-long professional shadowing experience in which all MACA juniors and seniors participate. The purpose of the program is to aid MACA students in making important decisions concerning the career to which God is calling them. Through this opportunity, MACA students are enabled to explore fields of employment, make valuable contacts in potential career areas, and learn job skills not normally available to most high school students. While all MACA internships result in valuable professional networking opportunities, many have also culminated in full or part-time job offers for MACA students.
- MACA Internship Program Description
- MACA Student Journal From Non-Profit Internship Experience
- MACA Student Journal From Healthcare Internship Experience
National Honor Society
The MACA chapters of the National Honor Society and Junior National Honor Society recognize MACA students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service and character. Members are selected based on a required minimum GPA, an application process, and a review by a council of faculty members. Membership in this prestigious organization is highly selective and, therefore, a great honor. NHS and NJHS members participate in service opportunities and leadership and learning programs.
Academically, MACA students…
- Are well prepared in the academic disciplines of reading, writing, speaking, listening, thinking, mathematics, science, history and cultures, technology, Bible, and theology.
- Value intellectual inquiry and engage in the open, honest exchange of ideas.
- Have the skill to question constructively, solve problems systematically, and make wise decisions critically.
- Know how to utilize resources—including technology—to find, analyze, and evaluate information.
- Have an appreciation for the natural environment.
- Appreciate literature, creative expression, and the arts and understand how these express and shape their beliefs and values.
- Integrate faith and reason, applying religious truth as objective truth.