Mount Airy Christian Academy exists for the purpose of maturing its students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially.
“…Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
MACA’s physical education program provides a wealth of learning opportunities in an environment that emphasizes physical achievement, leadership, and fun. In addition to developing physical fitness and athletic skills, students learn valuable lessons about personal commitment, teamwork, and perseverance—qualities that will serve them well, while seeking God’s glory.
MACA is a charter member of the Maryland Independent Athletic Conference. MACA’s Middle and High School students have opportunities for interscholastic competition in soccer, basketball, baseball, cross country, track and field and cheerleading.
Physically, MACA students…
- Are prepared to practice the principles of healthy, moral living. Know how to treat their bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit in sexual purity.
- Have acquired an appreciation for sports, activities, and physical fitness.
- Have had multiple opportunities for physical education and activities.
- Have an understanding of their physical body and its workings.
- Have been taught the responsibility of using God-given physical abilities for His glory.