Graduates of Mount Airy Christian Academy (MACA) will have acquired academic knowledge, self-discipline, and biblical wisdom preparing them for future studies toward a lifetime ministry of serving for the glory of God.
Mount Airy Christian Academy exists for the purpose of maturing its students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially.
“…Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
- We believe every student is a unique child of God with potential in Christ.
- Parents are entrusted with the education of their children, and we serve to assist them with that God-given job.
- God is our ultimate authority; the basis for all knowledge and actions shall be the Bible.
- Christ shall be at the center of all we do and say, and our students shall be pointed toward Him at all times.
- Through love and discipline, with the goal of a changed heart, we will work to develop each student’s character.
- A personal relationship with Christ and the development of a biblical worldview are preeminent for each student.
- Academic instruction shall be age-appropriate, effective, and constantly improving.
- Academic instruction shall address the learning styles of each student within the constraints of time and manpower.
- The learning process shall be sequential and systematic.
- Our faculty members and staff shall all be born-again Christians with a desire to serve God through loving and serving the students and each other.
- The educator shall be the director and facilitator of the learning process.
- To assist parents in raising their children to be well-rounded, complete individuals.
- To guide students through the learning process for mastery of concepts and skills appopriate to grade level.
- To help each student develop appropriate, God-centered social and interpersonal skills.
- To encourage students to develop personal health and fitness habits.
- To see each student trust Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and mature in his walk with Him.
- To assist students in the development of Christ-like character and a biblical worldview.
Every staff member is expected to believe and teach according to the doctrine of Mount Airy Bible Church.
We desire to be “equally yoked” doctrinally with the families in our school. Please discuss any differences in doctrine you may have with us. There is room for some differences in opinion; however, realize that we teach from the Bible as we understand it, and there is no room for open debate or for causing confusion among the student body. Therefore, if there is a difference, we ask you to discuss it with your children, but discourage them from speaking about it at school.
We believe the Bible class is the most important class of the day, and as such, it is given a high priority each morning in the elementary grades. Secondary Bible classes are taught daily. Every Thursday is Chapel day. Secondary students have Chapel every Thursday morning. Elementary students have Chapel every other Thursday following the Secondary Chapel. Special Chapels are held throughout the school year for the entire student body. Chapel speakers are in agreement with, and teach according to, our doctrinal statement.
Students are encouraged to develop an active prayer life. Prayer requests are taken daily, and class time is spent in prayer. Students learn that prayer is essential in our Christian life as we spend time talking to God and listening to Him.