MACA’s Next Step program continues to add additional courses, faculty, and partner schools with every year. The Next Step program was inaugurated in 2016 and has been enhanced each year. Look below to see some of the highlights about this MACA program.
- Fall 2016 – 18 college credits, six courses, four adjunct faculty members, available to MACA seniors, inaugural year
- Fall 2017 – 24 college credits, eight courses, six faculty members, available to MACA juniors and seniors
- Fall 2018 – 31 college credits, 11 courses, six faculty members, two partner schools, available to MACA advanced sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- All taught by Christian instructors
- Available during the school day
- Held on the MACA campus
- Course instructors are approved Adjunct Professors through Lancaster Bible College (LBC) and Howard Community College (HCC).
- Next Step program courses may be transferred to two and four year colleges according to each school’s transfer process. Through Next Step, students are able to start their college transcripts while they finish requirements for their high school diploma and may graduate high school with as much as one year of college credit already completed
For the 2018-19 school year, students desiring dual-enrollment college credit will be able to choose from:
- English Composition
- US History
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Humanities
- Chemistry and Society Lecture
- Chemistry and Society Lab
- Introduction to Business
- Creation and Covenants: OT1
- Israel’s Life and Literature: OT2.
These courses continue to be offered at greatly reduced rates, ranging from $200 per course to $276 for both lecture and lab. These rates are considerably below the cost of the same courses offered through other institutions. “We want to make these courses available to our high school students, but we recognize we must do so while ensuring the courses are affordable for our families. We have worked closely with our partner schools to ensure that we can do that,” Webster said.
To obtain more information about MACA Next Step, contact Dr. Lori Sefton, Academic Dean at the school at 410-489-4321 or by email at email@example.com.